Friday, January 21, 2005

2/22/98 Sunday 12:49 pm

Dear Diary,
Sometimes I wish it were my wedding day and I'm walking down the aisle right now. And then I look at baby pictures and I wish I were three!!! One thing's for sure, I don't want to be 11! I hate adolescence. I hate being in the middle of childhood and adulthood. To tell you the truth it's scary! Everyday I worry about having my period in class and not having a pad. Or wearing one of my favorite shirts adn having it be too tight where my breasts stick out. It seems like girls go through the most embarrassing adolescent stages, but then again I don't know much about guys. Men are a huge mystery. I wish they weren't because then I would feel weird around my frineds when they talk about how much then know about 'em. I know a lot, but not enough. Everyday I'm learning something now, and it's not from school. Did you know Talahi Elementry School tells 4th graders about intercourse, sex?! And Noel told me that in 4th grade these kids brought condoms to school and said they're for "protection". Sartell waits 'till 6th grade, but sends home permission slips and pamplets so you can talk to your child about the important stuff.
I hope adolescence hurry's up and gets over with! I don't want to be a grown-up or a child, but I don't want to be inbetween either. I don't know what I want. I still have long way to go 'till I reach that big ol' gateway in the sky.
Thoughtfuly yours,
(the inbetweener)

No comments: