Sunday, January 16, 2005

March 4, 1997

Dear Diary,
On Monday Mr. Anderson (my band teacher) scheduled all the full band people for a band lesson. He scheduled Tina and me for 10:00. Tina Brinker plays the French horn, and so do I. When we got to there, the trumpets were there. They said they had a band lesson at 10:00 a.m. and we did too. When Mr. Anderson came, he said that both the trumpets and French horns had a lesson at 10:00 a.m. So then we got to play with the trumpets. It was no biggie. Well actually I guess it sounded pretty cool, but when we had that lesson I sundenly realized how loud the trumpets are. They sound like elephants.
Today at our dress rehearsal, Mr. Anderson put us by the trumpets instead of clarinets. I don't know why. When we played "Applachian Overture" I screwed up on measure 104 and 105. This song is two pages long. I don't like it much. When we were done with our four songs-"AO", "Overture in B flat", "Barbara Ann", and "Oxford Overture" we sat and watched the fourth graders do their vocal concert. Their concert was sooo long. Well I have to go. It's 6:22 and I have to go to my real concert.
Love,
Nicolette

No comments: